If you are attending Texas Southern University for the first time, or you had a break in enrollment of one fall/spring semester and you will not be 22 years old by the first day of classes, the State of Texas requires you submit proof of vaccination against bacterial meningitis. Submit a vaccination record for bacterial meningitis (ACYW) if you:
- Are 21 years of age or younger and are entering TSU for the first time or
- Are 21 years of age or younger and returning to TSU after a break in enrollment of one fall/spring semester
Submit your immunization record to the “My Tiger Health” Patient Portal at:
To logon to the My TigerHealth Patient Portal:
- Username is the first part of your TSU email – Example: Your TSU e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org, you will enter a.jones1234
- Password: Q + ! + Birthdate (MMDDYYYY) – Example: Q!08012002
- Hand deliver to the Student Health Center
- Mail to Texas Southern University, Student Health Services, 3100 Cleburne St, Houston, TX 77004
- Fax to 713-313-7817
- E-mail to email@example.com
If you have changed your password, use the password you created.
Please remember your shot record must be legible and no older than 5 years old. All shots must be taken 10 days before attending classes. All international records must be translated into English.
Once you have entered your immunization information online, don’t forget to click on the upload button so that the information can be verified. You will not be considered compliant with the immunization requirements until you have completed this step.
Please allow 5 business days to process your immunization record though the patient portal.
DO NOT SUBMIT EXEMPTIONS TO MY TIGER HEALTH!
Health Services will continue to process and receive exemptions. Choose from the following options to send in your medical exemption:
All other exemptions, including exemptions for reasons of conscience or religious beliefs, must be submitted on a conscientious exemption form from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). These forms must be hand delivered to Student Health Services. We will accept originals only. To request a form from DSHS go to https://corequest.dshs.texas.gov or fax a written request to 512-776-7544. Allow 7-10 days to receive the form from DSHS.
If you have any questions or you need additional assistance, Student Health Services is available at 713-313-7173.