To establish and maintain a recreation and wellness center that will support broad based programming to educate and provide opportunities for the practical application of services that would promote lifelong health and wellness for Texas Southern University students, faculty, staff, alumni and other community members who might not otherwise have access to such services and programs.
To be a dynamic department, renowned for its outstanding facilities and service, that positively engages every student and member of the TSU community.
The Department of Campus Recreation values personal achievement and success through Service, Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Leadership.
- To enhance student leadership/character development and also to promote responsible TSU students.
- To improve the health and wellness of TSU students.
- To develop and improve the campus recreational and club sports organization activities.
- To improve knowledge and professional development of Club Sports Management.
- To improve management of fiscal, physical, and human resources.