Frequently Asked Questions

Picture of a graduating class at a commencement ceremony

Where is the Office of Special Events?

  • Ernest S. Sterling Student Life Center (Room 220 & 229)
  • Phone: 713-313-1000
  • Fax: 713-313-7053/1054

What types of events does the Office of Special Events and Events Services coordinate?
The Office of Special Events and Event Services schedules, coordinates and manages campus events and offers assistance for events to colleges, deans, campus organizations and other university offices, including internal and external constituents.

How do I request an event?
Events requested to be held at the Texas Southern University must be requested one of two ways:

  • Internal Requestor: Complete a Special Events Request form online – (Online Request)
  • External Requestor: Complete a Request Form Event and submit it to the Event Services Office – (Request an Event)

Where can I find a list of facilities and venues for my event on campus?
Browse the facilities listed on the Special Events and Events Services Website – (Locations)

Where can I get invitations printed on campus?

  • Printing and Copying Services, Ernest Sterling Student Center, Room. 231
  • Print Shop: 713-313-4280

Where can I find information on Commencement and College Convocation ceremonies?

Where can I find TSU athletic ticket information?

  • Texas Southern University Athletics – (Tiger Sports)
  • TSU Athletics Ticket Office – (Tickets)
  • Information: 713-313-4355

Where can I find out information about upcoming events?