Learn How to Help and Refer
The University Counseling Center offers a free online resource, at-risk Kognito, to help you:
- Notice when friends are showing signs of stress and learn how to talk about it.
- Practice bringing up your concerns for your friend.
- Learn how to motivate your friend to seek help.
If you have a friend you are concerned about, participate in this FREE online training simulation to learn effective referral techniques to help and refer. To take the course, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Kognito: www.kognito.com/texas
- Click “Access Training”
- Follow On-screen Instructions.
Mental Health Resources and Useful Links
Neuropsychiatric Center (NPC)
1502 Taub Loop
Houston, Texas 77030
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
3630 W. Dallas, Houston, TX 77019
- Helping a Distressed Student
- Guide for College Students
- Study Skills Presentation
- Substance Abuse Workshop
- Coping With Grief & Loss
- Free Alcohol Screening (If your answers suggest that your current drinking is likely harmful to your health, please contact the University Counseling Center and one of our trained professionals can help you develop healthier practices)
- Sexual Assault
- Domestic Violence/Abusive Relationships
- Title IX
- Drugs and Alcohol
- PSA Videos
- TSU Wesley Foundation (Facebook Page, YouTube Video)
- Learn more about a range of concerns from stress to suicide, you can also take a free evaluation
- Law Student Resources