Step 1: Apply to Texas Southern University
- Apply for admission
- Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges attended accredited and non-accredited.
- Submit official Military transcripts.
- Please be aware that once your application for admittance is accepted, your MyTSU email address will serve as the primary point of contact.
Step 2: Request Transcript
- Request a copy of your military transcript:
- Request copies of transcripts from all colleges and/or universities previously attended.
Step 3: Apply for VA Benefits
- If your benefits have never been used or applied for benefits, fill out VA Form 22-1990, application for VA Education Benefits.
- If you are a Transferring student, fill out VA Form 22-1995, a change of program or place of training.
- Please print the VONAPP confirmation page and retain with your student records.
Step 4 Apply for Financial Aid
VA Educational Benefits do not prevent you from receiving financial aid
- Complete the FAFSA application, using TSU school code: 003642.
- Follow-up with the Office of Student Financial Assistance
- If you need to make payment arrangements on an outstanding balance not covered by VA benefits and/or financial aid, please visit Student Accounting.
Step 5 Advisement and Registration
- Locate your department and schedule a meeting with your Academic Advisor.
- Complete any necessary testing that is determined by your Academic Advisor.
- Register for Classes.
Step 6 Request for Certification
- Please have all required documents prior to submitting your request for certification. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
- Fill out the Semester Benefits Form (each semester)
- Please be sure to check your My TSU email account daily as this is the email account that will be used for all correspondence. The Veterans Affairs Office will email you if they have any problems during the certification process.