Frequently Asked Questions

Home
Family Weekend
Family Weekend
Frequently Asked Questions

Two Ladies and Two Gentlemen Posing

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I need to cancel my registration?

If your schedule has changed, you can cancel your registration. In the event that you do cancel, we are unable to process refunds for any reason. To cancel your registration, email Kavaris.Sims@tsu.edu and provide information regarding your request to cancel.

Please be certain that you can attend Family Weekend prior to registering. Some students may have other obligations related to academics or have plans to participate in activities unrelated to the Family Weekend Experience. Please consult with your student about their schedule to confirm if they will be able to join you on Family Weekend.

Are there other accommodations that I have to make to prepare for Family Weekend?

Yes! If you’re traveling by plane, please make accommodations for a car rental. It may be best to rent a car close to or at the Houston area airport for easy access to the rental location and to have transportation to Texas Southern University.

We encourage making hotel reservations with the hotels listed on the Family Weekend lodging webpage.

Where do I park during Family Weekend?

Please follow driving signs once you get near campus. All Family Weekend guest are urged to park in the Sterling Student Life Center – Parking Lot S-1. Parking decals will be disseminated during registration check-in on Friday, February 23, 2018, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.

Learn more about parking at Texas Southern University during Family Weekend.

Do I need to have my Family Weekend badge if I’m on campus before check-in begins?

Yes! We recommend that guest check-in before exploring campus. Members will be required to have badges on their person during events and activities.

Can I post photos of Family Weekend?

Yes! Post photos of your time on campus. There are many places that serve as great photo ops. Use #TSU_FW18 and upload on your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Using the hashtag will help us find your photos to compile an online album.

My parents cannot attend Family Weekend. Who else can attend?

Family is defined by you. Feel free to invite anyone you consider to be a part of your family.

There are additional family, friends, and children attending with me. Will I need to register them?

Yes! All attendants are required to complete the registration form. Each participate is charge a flat rate of $45.00.